Today is one of those days where staying in bed with the covers over my head would not make me emotionally feel better in reality but sure sounds good in theory.
I am overtired today, mind is hovering on multiple topics/subjects/family issues that are constantly on my mind making me feel blah, sad, and listless. I know God has it ALL covered. I know it. And I pray. A lot. But just getting through it is sometimes hard. I have two friends in their mid thirties fighting nasty cancers. I have a friend still working through the (neverending) stages of grief over the loss of an infant earlier this year. Some family stuff is crummy. Brad and I had a fight the other day over one of those recurring marriage issues. One of the things that isn't a deal breaker but it sure bums each other out when we fight about it. Kent got stuck in that elevator two weeks ago and is just NOW stopping having nightly nightmares about the apartment building falling over, mass fires, deaths, etc. That has been exhausting. And the last thing on my crummy list today is my Irritable Bowel Syndrome flaring up like CRAZY this last month. I guess after writing the previous sentences it now makes kinda sense why it is flaring up. Ummm anxiety/stress = increased symptoms. Hmmm yeah great
I don't want to give the impression that I am hating life or ONLY focusing on the negative things. There are a million awesome things going on in our lives right now. Kent is reading up a storm and it is absolutely awesome to see him doing REAL reading and not just sounding out words. Empowering for him and thrilling for Brad and me. Several of my friends are expecting babies! One of my friends is waiting for the call from an adoption agency- and we are excitedly waiting in spirit with her and her husband! We have been blessed with some great friends to hang out with here that aren't the kind of people you have to "entertain" or be on pristine behavior around. We can just "do life" with them and it is fun. Possibly the most awesome thing about May has been the hiring of our new nanny/housekeeper. With going back to work in the fall it is essential we have childcare for Kent. There are no after school child care options because almost all the families at the school employ a nanny PER child. We already had someone cleaning for us, but we decided to try and find the perfect fit for a person who could do the cleaning and take care of Kent for a couple hours every afternoon. Through a good friend we found Manori! She is wonderful. What an amazingly good blessing.`Kent is falling in love with her too. She is a great addition to our family. Yes, I know we are spoiled.
I know I don't blog a lot over here much anymore. Life in Kuwait just isn't all that exciting, and I haven't had a lot to say. But keep tuned, I do randomly emotionally vomit like this here. Check the bottom of your shoes now. I think you stepped in a pile of puke.
Lots of love,
Carol
I am overtired today, mind is hovering on multiple topics/subjects/family issues that are constantly on my mind making me feel blah, sad, and listless. I know God has it ALL covered. I know it. And I pray. A lot. But just getting through it is sometimes hard. I have two friends in their mid thirties fighting nasty cancers. I have a friend still working through the (neverending) stages of grief over the loss of an infant earlier this year. Some family stuff is crummy. Brad and I had a fight the other day over one of those recurring marriage issues. One of the things that isn't a deal breaker but it sure bums each other out when we fight about it. Kent got stuck in that elevator two weeks ago and is just NOW stopping having nightly nightmares about the apartment building falling over, mass fires, deaths, etc. That has been exhausting. And the last thing on my crummy list today is my Irritable Bowel Syndrome flaring up like CRAZY this last month. I guess after writing the previous sentences it now makes kinda sense why it is flaring up. Ummm anxiety/stress = increased symptoms. Hmmm yeah great
I don't want to give the impression that I am hating life or ONLY focusing on the negative things. There are a million awesome things going on in our lives right now. Kent is reading up a storm and it is absolutely awesome to see him doing REAL reading and not just sounding out words. Empowering for him and thrilling for Brad and me. Several of my friends are expecting babies! One of my friends is waiting for the call from an adoption agency- and we are excitedly waiting in spirit with her and her husband! We have been blessed with some great friends to hang out with here that aren't the kind of people you have to "entertain" or be on pristine behavior around. We can just "do life" with them and it is fun. Possibly the most awesome thing about May has been the hiring of our new nanny/housekeeper. With going back to work in the fall it is essential we have childcare for Kent. There are no after school child care options because almost all the families at the school employ a nanny PER child. We already had someone cleaning for us, but we decided to try and find the perfect fit for a person who could do the cleaning and take care of Kent for a couple hours every afternoon. Through a good friend we found Manori! She is wonderful. What an amazingly good blessing.`Kent is falling in love with her too. She is a great addition to our family. Yes, I know we are spoiled.
I know I don't blog a lot over here much anymore. Life in Kuwait just isn't all that exciting, and I haven't had a lot to say. But keep tuned, I do randomly emotionally vomit like this here. Check the bottom of your shoes now. I think you stepped in a pile of puke.
Lots of love,
Carol
Carol, this is the best kind of puke there is. :) I've got airsickness bags stock piled in my house at all times. I can send some up your way in the next care package! YIKES! That's probably why you're having such an off day! No care package of totally RANDOM stuff from Cecily! I have to make a run to the $1 Target bins first.... :) Big hug (and a few clorox wipes) from Seattle!
ReplyDeleteCec- You made me smile. :)
ReplyDelete