I awoke this morning feeling excited and nervous. My stomach is upset, but my heart is happy. It will be hard to leave my parents (due in great part to how hard it is for my mom to see us go!). I am eager to see what God has planned for us in our new country. I am curious about so many things.
I was reading a devotional book this morning and here is what it says for today- our day of departure.
"LORD, teach me what you want me to do, and I will live by your truth.
Psalm 86:11
When kindness comes grudgingly, we'll remember God's kindness to us and ask Him to make us more kind. When patience is scarce, we'll thank Him for His and ask Him to make us more patient. When it's hard to forgive, we won't list all the times we've been given grief. Rather, we'll list all the times we've been given grace and pray to become more forgiving."
"Everyday Blessings" by Max Lucado
What words of encouragement!!! I am eager to see what God wants me to do.....
Now I am off to eat some bacon with my breakfast. Bacon is illegal in Kuwait, so this will be our last for a good while.
Blessings to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment