Friday, August 3, 2012

Sometimes It is the Big Things


I had slept in this morning, and was still in my pjs when I looked out the kitchen window and noticed a large Eagle Van Lines truck pulling up in front of my house-- the house where my parents live---the house where I just happen to be staying right now.

Hmmmm this is strange, I thought to myself.

Then the driver hopped out of the truck and walked up and rang my bell.

Hmmm this is NOT good, I thought to myself.

With paperwork in hand, he explained he was here to deliver ALL 5 THOUSAND POUNDS of my items from storage.  These items were packed up and not taken with us to Japan 3 years ago.  These were supposed to be driven to our new moving company's location this week.

Hmmm this was REALLY REALLY NOT good, I thought to myself.  And I said so to the driver.

I explained the situation, riffled through Brad's paperwork (he is at work of course!) and placed a call to our contact with the new moving company.  I verified that our paperwork was in order on THAT end, and then checked back in with the driver as he finished up his phone call to his supervisor.

Turns out the dispatcher made a mistake.

Hmmm yes, I thought to myself.

They will be delivering the storage items to the new moving company either today or tomorrow.

Hmmm I will double check on that, I thought to myself.

Then I grabbed my camera and took the picture at the top of this post, laughing out loud at the insanity of all things MOVING related.  At least I know where half my belongings are at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment