I found an informative website HERE that defines, describes, and links to a video all about Eid al-Adha. Here is an excerpt from the article on the site.
"Eid-ul-AdEid-ul-Adha ('festival of Sacrifice'), also known as the Greater Eid, is the second most important festival in the Muslim calendar. The festival remembers the prophet Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son when God ordered him to."I am so thankful to follow Christ, from whom forgiveness is granted more than once a year. Having a personal relationship with God is so wonderful. Knowing that I have access to HIM at any moment is such a life-changing knowledge. The knowledge that acts and works don't grant me anything, but that God's grave has saved me is a true miracle and blessing. My heart is prayerful as Eid al-Adha commences this week. I will be praying for the Muslims around the world. If you are a Christ follower please join me in prayer as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment